The most amazing part of a picture is that it captures a moment that will never come again. Most good pictures are a result of good luck, good timing and observation, and some photographers master the art to get it all right. They click pictures that represent a lot more than words can ever say.
India has been a captivating subject for photographers from all over the world. While some get it just fine, some get the raw side of India which is very new to the world.
Here are 20 such award winning photographs which tried to depict different shades of India.
1. Dentist – Debasish Bhhaduri
2. Boys running towards a waterhole- Debashis Mukherjee
3. At the Indian village pond- Prasanta Biswas
4. Poonam- Alex Masi
5. Poor god- Arup Ghosh
6. Trains- Steve McCurry
7. Colourful India- Bisheswar Chaudhary
8. Photograph by Bibek Smaran Paul
9. Photograph by Santu Mondal
10. Captured enthusiasm and love for cricket on Marina Beach, Chennai- S L Shanthkumar
11. Captured a massive fire in Mumbai- Mandar Deodhar
12. Pious Steps- Amitava Chandra
13. Black Kaali- Elangovan Subramaniam
14. A girl collecting rainwater in West Bengal- Prasanta Biswas
15. Divine Makeover- Mahesh Balasubramanian
17. Holi – Ioulia Chvetsova
18. The Morning Ritual- Nick Ng
19. Life in Colour- Anurag Kumar
20. Patrons of a traveling cinema watch a film at a night screening- Amit Madheshiya
So many shades of Incredible India!